Shark Attack! - 02.20.2008

This entry is moving away from my usual format, well because it calls for it.

Providence, Rhode Island—Last night, as I was exiting the Herald office, I spotted a shark making its way towards me. Weird, indeed. Next thing I know, I'm chasing after it upon my editor's request. All my editor said was go talk to him, I'm sending someone over with a camera now. So, there you go my reporting skills were tested by, undoubtedly, the most awkward interview of my life. I'm standing on the corner of the most populated street near my school, notepad in hand, jotting down the responses mumbled by some guy dressed up in a shark suit.

Thankfully the end product was only a wildcard picture entry with no byline, but still it really did make for one interesting story, albeit a personal one as opposed to published. Here's the end result:



Providence resident Ryan Tarmenter, 26, sports a shark costume on Thayer Street. He received two glasses of water after holding the sign for 20 minutes.

No comments: